Skip to main content

Spring Break: In Chicago

Since I never went out of Madison before, I agreed when Zainal invited me to go to a trip to Chicago. I am always very skeptical when it comes to vacation or trip, but I'd tried to give myself a chance to enjoy it~

(I'll try to not include unimportant things when I write this)

After Ili, Yatie and I arrived at Chicago, we all met with our fellas from Purdue first, and then we went straight to our hostel. Adding Daus, Nana and Amal in the party, we went straight to the favorite spots in Chicago. Zainal came later since he had something to do in the morning at Madison.




Willis Tower

The first place we went was Willis Tower, or formerly know as Sears Tower, the second highest building in the world. With the exception of Amal, who had been there before, we went up to the Sky Deck to watch the scenery of Chicago from a 103-floor tall point.







The scenery was very nice and magnificent, but I don't think I have any reasons to go up there again, except for a different sun setting. Maybe after this I can go during the sunset

Millennium Park

The most standing out landmark was the Bean. The truth is, I don't even know what so famous about the Bean until we came to the place. Well, there is always Wiki~






My hand can't take the chilly wind any longer starting here, it was so damn cold

Shedd Aquarium

Aquarium is always my favorite spot, always. I don't know why I am so fond of aquatic beings, but I always love them ever since I was a kid









But sadly, we didn't manage to see all of the events (dolphin!) due to the short of time and excessive tiredness. Some of us even fell asleep on the bench inside

Shopping (?)

Nana, Ili and I planned to go shopping during the night since the other 4 (Zainal had arrived at this time) went to a concert and we had nothing to do. But due to our tiredness, all 3 of us fell asleep and we slept until 11 p.m. What a waste of time, but what there was nothing we can do though. After we that, all seven of us when to McDonald's to get something to eat, and then we started gossiping to our heart content. Well, only about one person though



This was the end for today's. Then we all went back to hostel and get some sleep (again).

Lincoln Park Zoo

After we all had checked out from the hostel, we went to eat at Giordano's Pizza first. Then we went straight to the Lincoln Park Zoo for, well, what else?







Sadly, we took long enough in the Giordano's Pizza that we need to cut our time spent at the Zoo. Anyway, that's one more reason to come back to Chicago

Navy Pier

We all planned to get a ride on the boat at Navy Pier, so we went there. The place was crowded and I thought it was all about the pier. There was a lot of shops there too.




To our disappointment again, we didn't had enough time to get a boat ride since Amal, Nana and Daus need to get to their train quickly. Don't worry, there is still another time.

Hershey's and Water Tower Place

The last destinations was these two places. At Hershey's, we enjoyed some of their brownies and cupcakes, which were truly delicious. Some of us even buy souvenirs at the shop.





Then we went to Water Tower Place. I didn't bought anything from there, since I am too afraid to spent my money.

Going Back

After all that, we all went to the Union Station to take our bus to Madison. Our bus depart at 10:30 p.m. and we arrived in Madison at 1:30 a.m.

Closing Comments
The trip to Chicago was totally worth it. I get to see many places, met friends, walking around and more importantly, went out from Madison for the first time. In addition to that, my sleep time was finally adjusted. How can I not be happy? But the only regret that I have is that we didn't really spent enough time at most places. Hopefully there will be next time

I hope I had keep it simple but includes everything important~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Debate About Love and Commitment

A week after thanksgiving, we had a group discussion about Islam. To make it short, suddenly it become a debate of my commitments toward someone. Yes, it is about love. These are the questions, and my answer: If you guys love each other, why don't you just be in relationship? If we are in love, doesn't mean we MUST be in love. Being in relationship doesn't give any assurance that you are going to get married to each other. Most of my friends that are in relationship often ended up in failure, though a few (like one out of 50) still manage to maintain for 3-4 years. If you are ready to be in relationship, then you must be ready to get married. You give your commitment, attention and time for your partner, isn't it the same as married couple?* I never say being is relationship is wrong, but people who in relationship is the trouble. We always want the good thing (getting attention, sharing our love, etc) but always avoid the hard part (our responsibilities, commitment, et

Post Bukan Untuk Semua Orang, Tapi Ada 4 Orang Patut Terasa

Edited total 7 times by 2/6/2010 1906 Post ini telah diedit disebabkan aku tuan blog (tak menjawab soalan). Post yang asal telah di-save di dalam laptop aku, so anggap la yang tak membace tu...kurang bertuah 1) Jangan aa merajuk 2) Ko pun ...ah malas aa nak cakap 3) Semoga berbahagia 4) Lepas nie kita kena lebih mengekspresi kan perasaan kita dengan cara yang lebih sihat. Terima kasih sebab sanggup turun datang jumpa aku dulu untuk menerangkan everything :) Aku bukannya hendak merendahkan mana2 pihak, tapi mungkin method aku agak extreme. Minta maaf kepada semua pihak yang terlibat.