Skip to main content

Let's Talk About Games (8/21)

I was just looking around Nintendo's eShop when I found out that Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked for 3DS will finally be released on next Tuesday (in US). Overclocked is an enhanced version of 2009 RPG of the same name (without the Overclocked) For Nintendo DS. I played the original version, but didn't finish it because apparently it was too hard. I was a few more bosses before the last boss, but I got stuck at this one boss, named Beelzebub (stupid giant fly). I failed after I had more than 5 attempts to defeat it. I downloaded the pirated version of the game, so I didn't feel so bad about not finishing it. This time, I will finish it, and I know it will drain more hours of my life. From my experience hunting for new games in Malaysia, it probably will be available by next Friday. Hopefully I can get my hands on it before going back beraya.

Next week's activity: hunting for this game

Talking about 3DS, I just had this moment where I was considering to sell my 3DS. Try to look at Sony's Press Conference during Gamescon, and see how impressive the Playstation Vita is. I will definitely get a Vita next year, and compared to 3DS, the Vita is on a different level. Then, I tried to justify my purchase of 3DS. To be honest, I didn't find anything that I really want to play at 3DS. Mario? Kid Icarus? I'm not really into that type of games. Metal Gear Solid 3D? I will be getting Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, so I don't think it's really worth to get the 3DS version. Then I read about Overclocked, and suddenly I felt great for owning 3DS. Talk about right timing.

The thing that almost makes me regret buying a 3DS

Playstation Vita is very, very impressive. Right now, there aren't anything that seems wrong with it. Touch screen at the front, touch pad at the back and both support multi touch like iPhone, two digital cameras, wireless IEEE 802.11b/g/n, built-in GPS, trophies, and most importantly, dual analog stick. DUAL-FREAKING-ANALOG STICK. That alone make it worth to own the Vita. Also, Sony is very supportive of the Vita, promising to release a lot of core games during its launch: Uncharted Golden Abyss, Little Deviants, Sound Shape, Resistance Burning Skies and more. There are a few things to concern with, such as battery life and the monthly subscription for 3G-enabled PS Vita users. Besides that, the Vita is nothing short of awesomeness, and it makes me want to own it right now.

Dear Sony Computer Entertainment,


So there are a lot of games that I want to buy. Where will I get the money? I can't promise that I can control my desire to spend my money, but I will work hard to get them. Like one of my ex-housemate said, when you obtain the money yourself, you will appreciate it more. I really hope that I will get a part-time job next semester. I already arranged my schedule so that there will be a lot of time for me to work part-time.

I also have a lot of finished games, and games that I don't want to play anymore. I will sell them, either at eBay for more money, or sell it at Gamestop if there will be trade-ins promotion. I think I have almost 20 games that I want to sell.

Next semester will be a very critical one for me and to be honest, I am kinda afraid to face it. I really need to cut my time playing games, and be more responsible toward myself. Studies will come first. I need to choose very carefully of the games that I want to play, and make sure it worth every penny.

Thanks for reading, and hope you will have a nice day!


Edited on 2:11 AM 8/21/2011 for grammar corrections

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A House

One day I walk around I found a house It looks dull and I entered it -------- It is quite empty right now There are a lot of things But there are no people I think it's owner doesn't get along well with people in the houses around -------- There is a small box inside that house It is strong, because it never break even when it is being hit But somehow, it started to has cracks Hope I can fix it -------- I found a water tank There is always water inside it It looks like it had been used recently Sometimes, the water burst out just like that -------- There is also a speaker inside the house It only works when the user tell the truth It also has cracks Maybe some people throw it away because it only tell the truth? -------- A computer? It looks really nice It has been used for a lot of times It seems like it is the most precious thing inside the house Why did it go to waste? It shouldn't be left in a house like this -------- Owh There is a cat in the house It is very cute and ...

I Am Not Going Back To United States

Just after the day I arrived, I got caught up in an accident. Now, just another week before going back to USA, I received a bad news. MARA told me that they had terminated my sponsorship. Yes, this is not a hoax. I received the letter two days ago, and now I decided to give a full story to you readers.

Less Than A Month Left Berore Departure

If you had seen through all my post before, you will realized that seldom, if not, very little, I talked about going overseas I...never felt excited about going overseas It's only a coincidence that I received this scholarship to go to USA If I didn't get the scholarship, then I'm happy enough to study in our country Looking back, I never ever thought about my future for the long term I don't really care about it; as long as I continue living, I'll be delighted Did I really wanted to choose actuarial science? Yes, but only because my teacher recommended it and it is the only course that are listed in MARA's website that had something to do with Mathematics (besides engineering) I'm willingly enter the path that had in front of me, I don't give a damn about searching other hidden roads that may lead to better destination Yeah, that's me alright I remember in a talk about mind set, I learn that if we want to succeed, we need to have a vision...