Skip to main content

Why There Are So Many Games Coming At Time Like This?


The latest issue of gameinformer just arrived in my mail box today. I haven't fully read all of them, but at least I read almost all of the reviews for the latest games (both that already at the store and just around the corner of release date)



Surprisingly, this issue provides many games that received above 9.00 for the review. There are also some games that caught my attention, even though their marks isn't that high. Here are the games that I think deserve my attention (only limited to games that I can play, meaning no Mass Effect 2)



Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PS3)
Developer: DICE
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Release Date: March 2

The first line here is very catchy: "DICE declares war on Infinity Ward". I already played Modern Warfare 2, but it kinda disappoints me since it is not very single-player friendly; the game focus too much on multiplayer. Not that it is a bad thing, but as a newcomer to a military shooter genre, I kinda feel alienated. As Matt Bertz, the reviewer states, "...vastly improved single-player campaign complements some of the best tactical multiplayer action on the planet". After reading the whole review, I kinda expect this game can deliver the moments that I longed for in military shooting.

Chance for me to get this game: 3/5
Reason: Still have a lot of games out there that I want to play, but I really want to give this game a try. Maybe I'll wait for other reviews.
Score by gameinformer: 9.5



Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
Developer: Square Enix
Publisher: Square Enix
Release Date: March 9

If you ever played any Final Fantasy series, then you will sure to be anticipating this next-gen Final Fantasy title. I never thought I can get my hand of this game when it was first announced. Now that I have my own PS3, there is no way I'm gonna let this chance slip. Enough said, I will patiently wait for another 3 weeks for this game, and I will isolate myself during spring break just to play this game (no, not everyday of holiday)

Chance for me to get this game: 5/5
Reason: I already pre-ordered it like two month ago. Need more reasons?
Score by gameinformer: 9.25 (I don't really care about the rating for this game, I will rate it myself)



Heavy Rain (PS3)
Developer: Quantic Dream
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Release Date: Feb 23

There was never a game that give its player to choose their own path and choices like Heavy Rain. The choice that you need to make isn't just A or B. Your decision in this game will affect the storyline. It is compelling to see a game that will go with what you decide, not only following what has been set up for you. This game might change the way of story-telling in the world of video games forever. If you really into a very deep and engaging story-based game, you need to check this out. I might get it for myself too.

Chance for me to get this game: 4.5/5
Reason: It had been a long time since I last played a game for its story. Most game right now only focused on gameplay, without giving too much attention to its storyline. Maybe this is the time for me to try something new~ Money is the only problem for me to get this game
Score by gameinformer: 9.5



Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth (DS)
Developer: Capcom
Publisher: Capcom
Release Date: February 16 (Today!)

I have played all four previous Ace Attorney series, and I must say I really love them. Previous Ace Attorney series focuses more on solving crime in the courtroom, with pointing out the contradiction and presenting evidences. In this game, it provides small evolution, especially when investigating areas. The player will control the character in third person perspective instead in first-person view. The investigations feel a lot more engaging instead of just tapping all over the DS screen like the previous series. As a fan of Ace Attorney, I really like to have this game, and it is in store today!

Chance for me to get this game: 5/5
Reason: I love it when a game makes its player to think deeply instead of just mindlessly mashing buttons to win the game.
Score by gameinformer: 7.5 (nope, it won't affect my decision. But I wonder why it get 7.5 while the review like telling it deserves more)



Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey (DS)
Developer: Atlus
Publisher: Atlus
Release Date: March 23

Turn-based RPG are one of my top favorite genres, and Shin Megami Tensei series deserve their places in my list. Since I played Persona 3, I got attached to the series. Now, Atlus is tempting me with the new title in its series. There's not really much to tell about this game right now, but I am expecting it to be better than Devil Survivor~

Chance for me to get this game: 5/5
Reasons: I guess it is only because of my expectation, but the review by gameinformer and by Famitsu give me more than enough reasons to get this game
Score by gameinformer: 8.75 (wow!)

That is all about what I feel for the upcoming games~ There are still a lot of games worth mentioning like God of War III, but I think I'll talk about it later. I know not all of you love to play games like I am, but I really enjoyed writing this post. Thank you for reading :)

Comments

  1. weh zafree bile nk on9 RE5??
    aku baru je beli game tuh.
    huhuu..~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. aku nyer re5 kat member govind...tunggu dier pulang balik dlu haha~

    ReplyDelete
  3. They said that heavy rain makes you do alllll the decisions.

    Like picking up a toothbrush.

    Thats what they say.

    SMT looks like some navy war... i dont know.

    And yay for final fantasy!!!

    -kai-

    ReplyDelete
  4. yup! I already tried the demo, and it seems almost every little thing is up to your decision (like you want to be a good dad or a spoiled one)

    I still don't have any good view on how SMT will be (story wise), but I think the battle system is polished from Devil Survivor?

    yeah, we all have been waiting for another ff~~ :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Debate About Love and Commitment

A week after thanksgiving, we had a group discussion about Islam. To make it short, suddenly it become a debate of my commitments toward someone. Yes, it is about love. These are the questions, and my answer: If you guys love each other, why don't you just be in relationship? If we are in love, doesn't mean we MUST be in love. Being in relationship doesn't give any assurance that you are going to get married to each other. Most of my friends that are in relationship often ended up in failure, though a few (like one out of 50) still manage to maintain for 3-4 years. If you are ready to be in relationship, then you must be ready to get married. You give your commitment, attention and time for your partner, isn't it the same as married couple?* I never say being is relationship is wrong, but people who in relationship is the trouble. We always want the good thing (getting attention, sharing our love, etc) but always avoid the hard part (our responsibilities, commitment, et

Post Bukan Untuk Semua Orang, Tapi Ada 4 Orang Patut Terasa

Edited total 7 times by 2/6/2010 1906 Post ini telah diedit disebabkan aku tuan blog (tak menjawab soalan). Post yang asal telah di-save di dalam laptop aku, so anggap la yang tak membace tu...kurang bertuah 1) Jangan aa merajuk 2) Ko pun ...ah malas aa nak cakap 3) Semoga berbahagia 4) Lepas nie kita kena lebih mengekspresi kan perasaan kita dengan cara yang lebih sihat. Terima kasih sebab sanggup turun datang jumpa aku dulu untuk menerangkan everything :) Aku bukannya hendak merendahkan mana2 pihak, tapi mungkin method aku agak extreme. Minta maaf kepada semua pihak yang terlibat.