Skip to main content

Pleasant Surprises

On the first day of Tarawikh, I met my senior from UW-Madison who already graduated. We didn't had a chance to talk about anything since the prayer almost started, but I did make up a scenario of what we are going to talk. So the scenario that I imagined depressed me somehow. Accepting the fact that I need to go through three more years studying is a bit harder than I thought, especially thinking that some of friends already graduated, some already have a job, and most of my friends from INTEC are graduating next year. By that time, I will need two more years. This is something that I already prepared, but to go through it is harder than I thought. Anyway there's no reason to keep depressed, it won't change anything =) Probably I am over-thinking stuffs since I am not doing anything currently.



Though I am not doing a lot, there are a lot of things that make me feel better during these free times.

Toradora!
An anime I just finished watching within a week, and it is very, very emotional. What I thought to be a romantic comedy turns out to be a very engaging emotional ride. It's not sad because of tragedies, it's sad because I can relate what the characters are feeling at that moment. The anime portrays love, acceptance of oneself and others, friendship, dilemma of teenagers becoming an adult, and relationship between parents and children. I'm sure there are more theme, but these are what I found most interesting. It starts out kind of cliched, but becomes more focused and intriguing as the story progressed. One particular theme that I exceptionally love is the inability to say what we really want in life. That is because I am seeing this a lot among my friends, and in myself too. Anyway, if you haven't seen the anime, I strongly suggest you to watch it. It's very good, the plot is well-sorted and it doesn't underestimates its audience by telling you every single details. It believes that its audience can understand what is obvious, in the same time encourages viewers to watch the whole episode again to discover some hints that make you see the anime in a different light the second time.

Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition
I know how great this game is, like how it is the best Batman game ever made, or even the best game ever. But since I don't know much about Batman, I was a bit worried that I won't like this game as much. Owh how I was wrong. True, it started out kind of normal for me, leaving me wondering if I already seen everything from the start. As more abilities are unlocked and more gadgets are available, the possibilities open up and I feel like truly playing as Batman. This is game is pure awesomeness and fan service. Even me who is not a big fan of Batman enjoy this game a lot. If you are a fan of Batman, then you'll get more out of the game with the references, gameplay, story, portrayal of Batman and villains alike and more. As a gamer, you will enjoy it even if you are not a fan. The only thing that I regret is I looked down on this game, so I didn't buy and play Batman Arkham Asylum first.

Thanks for reading, and sorry for any wrongdoings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Debate About Love and Commitment

A week after thanksgiving, we had a group discussion about Islam. To make it short, suddenly it become a debate of my commitments toward someone. Yes, it is about love. These are the questions, and my answer: If you guys love each other, why don't you just be in relationship? If we are in love, doesn't mean we MUST be in love. Being in relationship doesn't give any assurance that you are going to get married to each other. Most of my friends that are in relationship often ended up in failure, though a few (like one out of 50) still manage to maintain for 3-4 years. If you are ready to be in relationship, then you must be ready to get married. You give your commitment, attention and time for your partner, isn't it the same as married couple?* I never say being is relationship is wrong, but people who in relationship is the trouble. We always want the good thing (getting attention, sharing our love, etc) but always avoid the hard part (our responsibilities, commitment, et

Post Bukan Untuk Semua Orang, Tapi Ada 4 Orang Patut Terasa

Edited total 7 times by 2/6/2010 1906 Post ini telah diedit disebabkan aku tuan blog (tak menjawab soalan). Post yang asal telah di-save di dalam laptop aku, so anggap la yang tak membace tu...kurang bertuah 1) Jangan aa merajuk 2) Ko pun ...ah malas aa nak cakap 3) Semoga berbahagia 4) Lepas nie kita kena lebih mengekspresi kan perasaan kita dengan cara yang lebih sihat. Terima kasih sebab sanggup turun datang jumpa aku dulu untuk menerangkan everything :) Aku bukannya hendak merendahkan mana2 pihak, tapi mungkin method aku agak extreme. Minta maaf kepada semua pihak yang terlibat.