Skip to main content

Appreciate

We always tend to forget that things don't last forever. We think that that something will be there forever, and we become less appreciative. It doesn't has to be something big. Just take a look around us: air, electricity, water, sun, heat and more.

Try to imagine a day when water is not available for us.
It will be hard for us to take a bath, brush our teeth, or wudhu'. Can we survive without drinking water for the whole day? I know I couldn't.

Try to imagine a day when there is no internet connection.
We can't log on to our Facebook account. We can't check our emails, especially if there are anything important we are waiting for. We can't play online games. We can't chat with our parents back home.

Try to imagine if there is no transport for us to go to college.
We need to walk to go to classes, and before that we need to wake up earlier so that we won't be late. Walking in the cold weather, or under direct Sun's, then we got tired by the time we arrived.

You get the point. We never really think about it until we lost something that we have. We thought that everything that we have now will still be here for us when we need it in the future.

Wrong!

Everything can disappear in an instant. Remember the time where you felt uneasy because you can't take a bath? Remember the time where suddenly the internet connection was lost and you can't log in to your Facebook page? Remember the time where you can't find the remote for your TV and you lazily walked to the TV to turn it on? Remember the time where you can't find a charger for you phone when it was about to die?

But we never been thankful that everything we need is there for us when we need it.

I'm not a saint myself. There was this person, who always listened to me whenever I want to talk to someone with.  She was always there when I want to talk about something. She always answered my call, no matter what time I called. She was always there for me when I need her. She is everything I could ask for.

But what did I did??? I never appreciated all those things. I always thought that she will always be there for me. I didn't care about her feelings. I never tried to understand her better. What kind of a man I was.

Now, she's gone from my life.

And that's when I realized that she is just too important for me.

I don't know if I deserve another chance. What I do know is if I can get another chance, it will be a chance that I won't throw away mindlessly again. But if I am not meant for her, then I'll try my best to let her go.

I'm truly regret this one thing: most of the time, I didn't realize that she had been giving me the chance. How stupid I am. I know, regretting about what I did only won't make her come back to me. If this is my punishment for the things that I did, then I won't complain.

But I really wish I can talk to you again

We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Debate About Love and Commitment

A week after thanksgiving, we had a group discussion about Islam. To make it short, suddenly it become a debate of my commitments toward someone. Yes, it is about love. These are the questions, and my answer: If you guys love each other, why don't you just be in relationship? If we are in love, doesn't mean we MUST be in love. Being in relationship doesn't give any assurance that you are going to get married to each other. Most of my friends that are in relationship often ended up in failure, though a few (like one out of 50) still manage to maintain for 3-4 years. If you are ready to be in relationship, then you must be ready to get married. You give your commitment, attention and time for your partner, isn't it the same as married couple?* I never say being is relationship is wrong, but people who in relationship is the trouble. We always want the good thing (getting attention, sharing our love, etc) but always avoid the hard part (our responsibilities, commitment, et

Post Bukan Untuk Semua Orang, Tapi Ada 4 Orang Patut Terasa

Edited total 7 times by 2/6/2010 1906 Post ini telah diedit disebabkan aku tuan blog (tak menjawab soalan). Post yang asal telah di-save di dalam laptop aku, so anggap la yang tak membace tu...kurang bertuah 1) Jangan aa merajuk 2) Ko pun ...ah malas aa nak cakap 3) Semoga berbahagia 4) Lepas nie kita kena lebih mengekspresi kan perasaan kita dengan cara yang lebih sihat. Terima kasih sebab sanggup turun datang jumpa aku dulu untuk menerangkan everything :) Aku bukannya hendak merendahkan mana2 pihak, tapi mungkin method aku agak extreme. Minta maaf kepada semua pihak yang terlibat.