Skip to main content

Goals For Next Semester

"If you have a goal(s), then write it down". En Saiful, my economy lecturer said this. (Actually, the effect is better if you use your handwriting rather than typing)

I don't have any noble goals or anything, just a few things that I want to improve upon myself.

-Maintaining/Getting Better Result-
Two things that I learned during last sem.
1) I can get way better results than I can ever imagine, if I put efforts into it.
2) I shouldn't overly pressure myself.
My strategies in studying are simple, yet they have proved to be effective.
i) Start study earlier to replace last minute studying (alone or in group, whichever is fine depending on the situation)
ii) Attend class and write down everything, even if I won't read it later
iii) Make a list on what to ask, and take time to ask lecturers in their room or discuss with friends.
These are the three things that I always keep in mind. For now, they are more than just fine. I still have time to play games, hangout, and relax too. Different people may need different strategies and planning. They also differ with different time or different subjects, but these three are the main strategies for me.

-Never Lose The Fun of Studying-
This is my top motivation in order to get me studying. I have said this before, but I have once forget the joy of studying. When I did remember the feeling, it was almost too late and the chance almost didn't come anymore. When I received the offer letter from UKM, I know that I don't want to lose that feeling of joy in studying, and I don't want to be in regret anymore.

-Improve Teaching/Tutoring Skills-
I like to help my friends in their studies, but not everyone like the way I teach. Yes, I know my way of teaching is flawed, and some do criticize it. But that doesn't demotivate me! I swore that I will improve the way I teach, so that everyone can get the best out of studying with me. I didn't really think of helping others before I entered UKM, so in regard of teaching I did come unprepared. Still, I know I can improve. I will keep on finding ways to make it simple for others to understand. I will.

-Lose Weight/Abdominal Fat-
Ah, this is one thing that I really want to achieve, more than anything else. There are a lot strategies and ways to do it, but I think I'll stick to the simpler ones for now. Drink a lot of water (this one has been very effective), avoid sweet and sugary drinks, eat in smaller amount (not skipping meals), eat for breakfast (I tend to miss it), and exercise regularly. I can do this!

-Be a Better Person-
I know this one is too general, but it is what I want to be. A better slave of Allah, better son, better student, better teacher, and better lover, too. I have a big ego, yes, but I will lower it in order for me to change for the better me.

This is a bit unrelated, but thanks Mama for reminding me what is more important. "Men need to be strong", she said. Also, thanks for the Tafseer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Debate About Love and Commitment

A week after thanksgiving, we had a group discussion about Islam. To make it short, suddenly it become a debate of my commitments toward someone. Yes, it is about love. These are the questions, and my answer: If you guys love each other, why don't you just be in relationship? If we are in love, doesn't mean we MUST be in love. Being in relationship doesn't give any assurance that you are going to get married to each other. Most of my friends that are in relationship often ended up in failure, though a few (like one out of 50) still manage to maintain for 3-4 years. If you are ready to be in relationship, then you must be ready to get married. You give your commitment, attention and time for your partner, isn't it the same as married couple?* I never say being is relationship is wrong, but people who in relationship is the trouble. We always want the good thing (getting attention, sharing our love, etc) but always avoid the hard part (our responsibilities, commitment, et

Post Bukan Untuk Semua Orang, Tapi Ada 4 Orang Patut Terasa

Edited total 7 times by 2/6/2010 1906 Post ini telah diedit disebabkan aku tuan blog (tak menjawab soalan). Post yang asal telah di-save di dalam laptop aku, so anggap la yang tak membace tu...kurang bertuah 1) Jangan aa merajuk 2) Ko pun ...ah malas aa nak cakap 3) Semoga berbahagia 4) Lepas nie kita kena lebih mengekspresi kan perasaan kita dengan cara yang lebih sihat. Terima kasih sebab sanggup turun datang jumpa aku dulu untuk menerangkan everything :) Aku bukannya hendak merendahkan mana2 pihak, tapi mungkin method aku agak extreme. Minta maaf kepada semua pihak yang terlibat.