Skip to main content

Your Way

One thing that I really need to keep reminding myself is that no one walked my path, so they don't have any responsibilities to either understand me or to follow the way I am right now.

Lately I have been thinking that I want to help my classmates who are having troubles in their studies. If I can score well, why couldn't they? That's what I thought in the beginning. But in the end, it is up to each of them to decide for themselves. There are no guarantee that great results will lead to a better life, after all.

Even for myself, it's not necessary for me to follow the exact footsteps of someone else. Yes, I may follow that person from behind but someday I need to follow my own path, so that others will do the same. After we go our own path, that is when we used what we learned from other's path and mix it up with our own flavor so that it will suit our next journey.

I know this one man, whom I admired a lot due to his knowledge and resourcefulness. The way he thinks is also different from the average dude. He is very visionary, and he always get things done. I always thought I want to be like him. But as time goes on, I realized that it was impossible, and I just stopped putting my effort to become better.

Last week, when I went to International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) to teach some students for the preparation of Malaysian Computational Competition (MCC), I realized even I can do something on my own, with my own way and style. I was so fixated on becoming like that man, that I forgot to be myself. Yes, he can be and is still my role model, but I don't have to be him. I am me, and I have my own way to get things done.

At first, I thought I was more of a helper to the lecturers (Dr. Maziah and Pn. Marini) rather than being the coach. But then Dr. Maziah gave me the task with coaching the students. I was surprised, but somehow I was calm and collected. Probably because Dr. Maziah already gave me some material to start with, so I just went with the flow. It turned out well, as I even gave them some questions to work on as a homework.



I am improving, and will keep at it. I don't know if I will be teaching until the end of my life (hey, I even haven't finished my degree yet!), but for now, I really like to teach and I will keep doing it as long as my help is needed. I not need to set a higher goal for now. Just do what I can, and I'm sure I can see the opportunities along the way.

In my class, I wish more of my friends can seek help with their studies, especially those who know that they need to have extra efforts. There are a lot of my friends who can help as well, so setting a group study shouldn't be a problem. But I know, I can't force everyone to do that. Each person has their own way of studying, and not everyone have the same feeling about the need of getting great results.

So I changed my perspective and way a bit. I just open my arms to help them when they need it, and let them know that there's always someone near them who can help them in their studies. They don't have to suffer alone, just like I did.

Everyone has their own way to do things, but if it is something I can help with and they need my help, I will be glad to do so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Debate About Love and Commitment

A week after thanksgiving, we had a group discussion about Islam. To make it short, suddenly it become a debate of my commitments toward someone. Yes, it is about love. These are the questions, and my answer: If you guys love each other, why don't you just be in relationship? If we are in love, doesn't mean we MUST be in love. Being in relationship doesn't give any assurance that you are going to get married to each other. Most of my friends that are in relationship often ended up in failure, though a few (like one out of 50) still manage to maintain for 3-4 years. If you are ready to be in relationship, then you must be ready to get married. You give your commitment, attention and time for your partner, isn't it the same as married couple?* I never say being is relationship is wrong, but people who in relationship is the trouble. We always want the good thing (getting attention, sharing our love, etc) but always avoid the hard part (our responsibilities, commitment, et

Post Bukan Untuk Semua Orang, Tapi Ada 4 Orang Patut Terasa

Edited total 7 times by 2/6/2010 1906 Post ini telah diedit disebabkan aku tuan blog (tak menjawab soalan). Post yang asal telah di-save di dalam laptop aku, so anggap la yang tak membace tu...kurang bertuah 1) Jangan aa merajuk 2) Ko pun ...ah malas aa nak cakap 3) Semoga berbahagia 4) Lepas nie kita kena lebih mengekspresi kan perasaan kita dengan cara yang lebih sihat. Terima kasih sebab sanggup turun datang jumpa aku dulu untuk menerangkan everything :) Aku bukannya hendak merendahkan mana2 pihak, tapi mungkin method aku agak extreme. Minta maaf kepada semua pihak yang terlibat.