Skip to main content

Visual Novel [UPDATE]

With a lot of things to do before going back, I guess writing a few things about games wouldn't hurt.

Nowadays it's hard to find games that have minimal gameplay but heavy-handed on the story. Games like Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, Ghost Trick, and 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors are hard to come by lately. The funny thing is that all these games are for Nintendo DS. People really can do amazing things within a limited space and option. In this case, it's the limitation on a hardware that is considered the weakest on its generation (compares to PSP, PS3, 360 and Wii).

Games like this one are hard to come by lately.

I like these games because I can dive into the world, and the feeling of anticipating on what happen next is thrilling. It's like reading a good novel, you can't wait to find out when your questions will be answered. Then you'll solve puzzles and riddles in order to move forward with the story. The memories are unforgettable. The only downside is the replayability, you won't play these games twice unless it has some branching stories or different endings (like 999). Besides, I play too much online multiplayer games (Modern Warfare 3 and UMVC3), which make them stale and somewhat boring lately.

We need more brave Pomeranian like this little guy.

Perhaps I should stop playing games for now, and just wait for the good games to come (like Persona 4 Golden), then only I'll play games. Besides,
I have a lot of other things to focus right now, so I need to have more self-control, both in playing games and spending money for games. It's not easy, but not impossible either.

Still have a lot of things to do by this week and the next. Hopefully it will all be done before I'll get back.

Updated 6/22/2012 6:47 PM

I guess I was wrong. It's not that there are no games to play, it just that I stopped feeling excited about most games. While it may seems like a bad thing, I think it is more on a good side. As we grow older, we tend to be more picky since we have this standards or bar for the things that we like. For me, I used to play lot of games, but now, I only choose games that I know I will play and the experiences will be great. So yeah, I shouldn't complain about not having enough games. This way, I'll play only the games that I think worth the money, and in the same time, cut my spending on the games.

Also, games don't always have to be expensive and high-budget for me to enjoy. Small and inexpensive games (especially puzzles and platformers) like Where Is My Hearts?, Art of Balance, and Pushmo! have more great moments, simple yet addicting. You can get this games for less than $10, yet you can spend hours and hours playing it. Playing video games is an expensive hobby, so as a gamer, I am learning to be more smart in spending money towards it. I am growing up too, there are many things that I need to prioritize before playing games.

Simple games like Art of Balance makes me happy

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Debate About Love and Commitment

A week after thanksgiving, we had a group discussion about Islam. To make it short, suddenly it become a debate of my commitments toward someone. Yes, it is about love. These are the questions, and my answer: If you guys love each other, why don't you just be in relationship? If we are in love, doesn't mean we MUST be in love. Being in relationship doesn't give any assurance that you are going to get married to each other. Most of my friends that are in relationship often ended up in failure, though a few (like one out of 50) still manage to maintain for 3-4 years. If you are ready to be in relationship, then you must be ready to get married. You give your commitment, attention and time for your partner, isn't it the same as married couple?* I never say being is relationship is wrong, but people who in relationship is the trouble. We always want the good thing (getting attention, sharing our love, etc) but always avoid the hard part (our responsibilities, commitment, et

Post Bukan Untuk Semua Orang, Tapi Ada 4 Orang Patut Terasa

Edited total 7 times by 2/6/2010 1906 Post ini telah diedit disebabkan aku tuan blog (tak menjawab soalan). Post yang asal telah di-save di dalam laptop aku, so anggap la yang tak membace tu...kurang bertuah 1) Jangan aa merajuk 2) Ko pun ...ah malas aa nak cakap 3) Semoga berbahagia 4) Lepas nie kita kena lebih mengekspresi kan perasaan kita dengan cara yang lebih sihat. Terima kasih sebab sanggup turun datang jumpa aku dulu untuk menerangkan everything :) Aku bukannya hendak merendahkan mana2 pihak, tapi mungkin method aku agak extreme. Minta maaf kepada semua pihak yang terlibat.