Skip to main content

"Loving what you get is happiness"

Didn't realize that I haven't written anything on my blog for such a long period. Time in this semester flies really fast, compared to the last where it seems it was never going to end. I wonder why <3

First part of semester is done. First midterm, first literature paper, first video games paper, and second manga's quiz. Is this the seventh or eighth week? It's hard to keep track of time, when you have a lot of works to do every week.

But I really like this semester, kind of. It's the semester that I finally had a part-time job, and my studies are fine too. Talking about jobs reminds me of a question that I asked myself not too long ago. Why do we need a job? To get more money, and that's it? If it is all about money, then any jobs will do? Without going deeper into the question, I just want to reflect it upon my current part-time job.

When I was looking for a job, I was like "yeah I don't care which job, as long as I can get extra cash". The irony is that I want to work doing something meaningful in the future, not just about the money. But now I am doing the direct opposite of what I want to achieve. I have seen this situation a lot. Let say you have an opinion or a principle that you really hold on to it. Then one day, a situation arise where you very principle is challenged, sometimes you don't even realized that yo are being tested. Will you hold on to your principle, or will you 'alter' you principle?

To be honest, I don't think there's a principle where it holds on in every situation. For example, in Islam, we are prohibited from eating pork. That being said, there are still certain situations where we are allowed to do so (the most common situation is when there are no other source of foods around you). But there are also some rules that I can't find an exception to it, but we'll discuss it later. My point is, it's ok to break our principles, as long as it is not wrong.

For example, like my opinion that I stated before. I know I want to have a job on something that I really want not because of money, but here I am saying "yeah I'll work in the Production, it's not like I have a choice or anything". If I still hold to my principle, I won't be working right now, and I'll be dead from hunger at this point. (There are A LOT of similar situations that I witnessed that happened to others, and I really feel like quoting, but let's be a good blogger now, shall we?)

Even though I don't feel anything about my job during earlier days, I know my responsibility right now, and how important my job is. Union South (the building I'm working in) is visited by a lot of people everyday, and people love to rent rooms for their activity (meeting, yoga, party and so on). Without my job, people has to arrange the tables and chairs for themselves, and need to clean up everything after they are done using the room. That is just one of the many things that we do though. Anyway, I love my job right now, as I realized how happy people are when they received good services. It's kind of like our love with people, right? If you can't have what you love, then try to love what you already have. We'll feel happier that way.

This is only one of the many things that I want to talk about. I hope I have more time to write, but I'll try to keep it more scheduled.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Debate About Love and Commitment

A week after thanksgiving, we had a group discussion about Islam. To make it short, suddenly it become a debate of my commitments toward someone. Yes, it is about love. These are the questions, and my answer: If you guys love each other, why don't you just be in relationship? If we are in love, doesn't mean we MUST be in love. Being in relationship doesn't give any assurance that you are going to get married to each other. Most of my friends that are in relationship often ended up in failure, though a few (like one out of 50) still manage to maintain for 3-4 years. If you are ready to be in relationship, then you must be ready to get married. You give your commitment, attention and time for your partner, isn't it the same as married couple?* I never say being is relationship is wrong, but people who in relationship is the trouble. We always want the good thing (getting attention, sharing our love, etc) but always avoid the hard part (our responsibilities, commitment, et

Post Bukan Untuk Semua Orang, Tapi Ada 4 Orang Patut Terasa

Edited total 7 times by 2/6/2010 1906 Post ini telah diedit disebabkan aku tuan blog (tak menjawab soalan). Post yang asal telah di-save di dalam laptop aku, so anggap la yang tak membace tu...kurang bertuah 1) Jangan aa merajuk 2) Ko pun ...ah malas aa nak cakap 3) Semoga berbahagia 4) Lepas nie kita kena lebih mengekspresi kan perasaan kita dengan cara yang lebih sihat. Terima kasih sebab sanggup turun datang jumpa aku dulu untuk menerangkan everything :) Aku bukannya hendak merendahkan mana2 pihak, tapi mungkin method aku agak extreme. Minta maaf kepada semua pihak yang terlibat.