Skip to main content

Current Update With Life

Suddenly I got the urge to write again.

I don't know if anyone still visit my blog anymore, but it doesn't hurt to still keep on writing. Okay, so for an update on what am I currently doing.

As of now, there are three major things happening in my life:

1. Internship/Practical at Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
As of my university's terms (Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, UKM), we need to complete a ten-week internship in order to graduate. So here I am, writing a blog post at my desk in UPM. Now I am at the middle of the fifth week, so around four and a half week left.

Our tasks here depend on our supervisor. One of my friends is doing on phone lock system, another one is doing numerical method, and another one is helping her supervisor's research. As for me, I think mine is a bit unique. After seeing my resume, my supervisor decided to help me add my experience in teaching programming. I have been teaching, or least facilitating, in Mathematical Olympiads for a while now. But for C++, I only held a class and a tutor. So my supervisor gave me the task of promoting my service to schools, doing my own modules, and writing letters on my own. Not exactly what I had in mind before I started my internship, but I am happy with the openness of my supervisor. This task will relate to my future in so many ways. I'll explain after this.

For now, only two schools responded. I hope I can finish this before my internship ends.  

2. Applying for Masters in Computer Science.

That's right, Computer Science. I made a jump again (last time was from Actuarial Science to Mathematics) in my education path. "But why? I thought you love Mathematics??" I heard you ask. Allow me to explain.

i. Firstly, I love Mathematics. Always had, always will. But I think I want to take a break from Mathematics for a while, at least from becoming the major thing in my life. I will still learn Mathematics, but I just don't want to learn for the sake of passing exams and getting good grades. Therefore I think it will be better for me to learn it from just a few branches of Mathematics that I love more and do the reading myself. It's just like how I love to discover about psychology myself and learn it from reading a lot of books. I think it will be more meaningful that way because I can learn them on my own pace, can select the topics that I really interested in and can discover more ways to learn new things.

ii. Then, I don't think I can contribute much if I stayed in Mathematics line. I like to learn more about Mathematics but I don't think I can stand doing research on Mathematics. Even my final year thesis was on Computer Science and Graph Theory (a branch in Applied Mathematics). Therefore, I think I can contribute more by combining these two skills that I have: problem solvings (gained in Mathematics) and programming (gained in, well, programming class). Plus, I don't know if I am inclined towards Pure Mathematics or Applied Mathematics. I definitely don't have passion in Financial Mathematics, so that one is out.

iii. Lastly, there are many pulls from lecturers in Fakulti Teknologi dan Sains Maklumat (FTSM), the faculty which I wish to enroll for my Masters. Since my first year in UKM, I have been actively participating in programming competitions, representing UKM in national-level competition and also UKM-level competition. Therefore, many lecturers are aware of my existence and achievements. I also got the chances to share my experiences with other students, so I was invited a few times to give speeches. To add, I also took a class in FTSM (where very rarely for students from another faculty to do) and managed to get an A. In fact, in that class, I frequently went to the front to explain many concepts of algorithms to my classmates (I am thankful for my ability to understand most of the algorithms quickly). So my lecturer from that class asked me to be her research assistant for her next project. Another lecturer is very eager to have me there that she will nominate me to be one of the fellow in FTSM. I couldn't be more thankful to them. These overwhelming supports from lecturers was what made me decide to enroll in Computer Science.

3. My Future Career Plan
I am planning to open an educational consultant in programming, so that's why I think being here in UPM is truly a blessing, which I can start to experience firsthand on how the job will look like in the future. I am very, very thankful to my supervisor. What I plan to do (for starting) is to help students all over Malaysia in their programming skills. I'll talk about this more in the future.

This is like just 1% of everything, I know there are a lot of things that I still need to learn, but this is an opportunity that I won't pass. I hope this experience will help me in my future career. I am taking Masters in Research, therefore there will be more chances to continue this during my Masters as well. I pray for more opportunities in the future, and hope that I have murah rezeki.

That's all the things that I want to talk about now. I hope I will have the mood to update more in the future. See you in the next post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Debate About Love and Commitment

A week after thanksgiving, we had a group discussion about Islam. To make it short, suddenly it become a debate of my commitments toward someone. Yes, it is about love. These are the questions, and my answer: If you guys love each other, why don't you just be in relationship? If we are in love, doesn't mean we MUST be in love. Being in relationship doesn't give any assurance that you are going to get married to each other. Most of my friends that are in relationship often ended up in failure, though a few (like one out of 50) still manage to maintain for 3-4 years. If you are ready to be in relationship, then you must be ready to get married. You give your commitment, attention and time for your partner, isn't it the same as married couple?* I never say being is relationship is wrong, but people who in relationship is the trouble. We always want the good thing (getting attention, sharing our love, etc) but always avoid the hard part (our responsibilities, commitment, et

Post Bukan Untuk Semua Orang, Tapi Ada 4 Orang Patut Terasa

Edited total 7 times by 2/6/2010 1906 Post ini telah diedit disebabkan aku tuan blog (tak menjawab soalan). Post yang asal telah di-save di dalam laptop aku, so anggap la yang tak membace tu...kurang bertuah 1) Jangan aa merajuk 2) Ko pun ...ah malas aa nak cakap 3) Semoga berbahagia 4) Lepas nie kita kena lebih mengekspresi kan perasaan kita dengan cara yang lebih sihat. Terima kasih sebab sanggup turun datang jumpa aku dulu untuk menerangkan everything :) Aku bukannya hendak merendahkan mana2 pihak, tapi mungkin method aku agak extreme. Minta maaf kepada semua pihak yang terlibat.