Skip to main content

How's My First Year in UKM?

With no remorse of leaving my blog for three months, here I am writing again.

Alhamdulillah, I just finished my final exam last week. It was a struggle (not really), and now is a good time to take some time to look back at what I did during my whole first year in UKM.

Let's start with first semester.

During the first semester, I was kinda aloof and I don't really care much about my surroundings, especially my classmates. I am not really the type to start a conversation, and I don't talk much except to a few friends. But that didn't cause much trouble for me, and for everyone else (I hope).

In class, I always sat in the front row, and rarely I turned back to see the faces of my classmates. I don't really ask much questions or answer it, unless on a few occasions. I remember the one who always sat in front were Ideen, Imran, Afif, Haikkal... I'm sure that's not all. I used to wear kemeja a lot, with the sleeves folded up.

My participation in the class were not high, but I participated in programming contest three times, and it is not organized by the faculty that I am enrolled. The programming contests were the best memories for me in recent years, since I haven't participated in any contest or competition after I left high school.

Even though I was not too socially involved in class, I got to find someone special who I chose to reside in my heart forever. I am happy and thankful that I found her. Let's not talk about this here (or we can discuss in another post)

But then, the most important part is studying. I must say, since I had taken most of the classes before, it didn't pose much problems to me. But I can still remember how tough the exams were, so the exams still proved to be challenging. But I had fun learning all that, especially Calculus I and C++. I flopped in only one subject, and to be honest I didn't study a thing for it in preparation for final (it was Sains Fizis, which involves chemistry and physics). Alhamdulillah, I manages to get 3.75, and received Dean's List for that.

So overall, the first semester was to prove to everyone that I still got it, that I still can study well and achieve good results. After what happened in US, I'm not going to repeat the same mistake ever again. That's the reason why I wasn't too friendly with everyone.

Now let's move on to second semester.

During this semester, I get to know everyone in my class better, and it is fun to hangout with everyone. Me during this semester was mostly focus on group and team project.

Like first semester, studying is not the first problem. Group work is. Sometimes it's just hard to get everyone together to get the job done, and it is the main source of my headache. But in the end, it turned out fine, so I have no complaints. Everyone did their part very well.

Last week of our exams was hectic. We have four papers in four straight days. The first three papers, Statistics I, Calculus II and Linear Algebra were not a big of a problem (thank God). My biggest problem and irritation came from the last paper, Alam dan Manusia aka Biology. Owh God, this paper tears me inside out. Not because of the exam itself, but because of the preparation of it. I really want to see who think that it is a good idea to put all four exams in just one week. It's ridiculous.

But in the end I think I did ok for the paper.

This semester, I am more involved with my friends, and it is fun. I also got to see and hear the dramas that happened to my classmates. For the dramas to happen, it is normal. The way that everyone solves them is way more important.

So in my first year, I am more focused on my studying, more than anything else. Then comes helping my friends who need help with certain problems. I can't say I am helping anyone that many, but I think it is a satisfaction to offer and to help with anything that I can help with.

I'm pretty sure there were a few talks about me. Like I was from US, my relationship with Liza, how much I changed from first semester to second semester etc etc.. It's all normal and fine, since I secretly have my own thoughts and impressions for almost everyone in my class (that I'm sure most of them are not really the truth).

It was a great first year, and I hope it will keep getting better.

That's it for now, I'll write more once I have more things to write in-depth. This is just the surface on my first year experiences.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Debate About Love and Commitment

A week after thanksgiving, we had a group discussion about Islam. To make it short, suddenly it become a debate of my commitments toward someone. Yes, it is about love. These are the questions, and my answer: If you guys love each other, why don't you just be in relationship? If we are in love, doesn't mean we MUST be in love. Being in relationship doesn't give any assurance that you are going to get married to each other. Most of my friends that are in relationship often ended up in failure, though a few (like one out of 50) still manage to maintain for 3-4 years. If you are ready to be in relationship, then you must be ready to get married. You give your commitment, attention and time for your partner, isn't it the same as married couple?* I never say being is relationship is wrong, but people who in relationship is the trouble. We always want the good thing (getting attention, sharing our love, etc) but always avoid the hard part (our responsibilities, commitment, et

Post Bukan Untuk Semua Orang, Tapi Ada 4 Orang Patut Terasa

Edited total 7 times by 2/6/2010 1906 Post ini telah diedit disebabkan aku tuan blog (tak menjawab soalan). Post yang asal telah di-save di dalam laptop aku, so anggap la yang tak membace tu...kurang bertuah 1) Jangan aa merajuk 2) Ko pun ...ah malas aa nak cakap 3) Semoga berbahagia 4) Lepas nie kita kena lebih mengekspresi kan perasaan kita dengan cara yang lebih sihat. Terima kasih sebab sanggup turun datang jumpa aku dulu untuk menerangkan everything :) Aku bukannya hendak merendahkan mana2 pihak, tapi mungkin method aku agak extreme. Minta maaf kepada semua pihak yang terlibat.